Welcome to Larbert High School
It gives me great pleasure to welcome you to Larbert High's website, which is updated several times a week. You will find lots of information about the school - if you are a parent, pupil, member of staff or part of our wider community.
We are very proud of our school and keen to tell the world about it.
In January 2017, we were inspected by a team of Inspectors from Education Scotland where our 'Leadership of change' was evaluated as 'excellent' (Scotland's first 'excellent' in a published Secondary school report under the new framework) and all other evaluations were rated as 'very good' (Learning, teaching & assessment; Ensuring wellbeing, equality & inclusion and Raising attainment and achievement). We are very proud of this inspection and you can read the report by clicking on the link below.
Our examination results in August 2018 were very strong, showing that we are making excellent progress in 'closing the attainment gap' and over the last few years, we've also won a whole host of awards:
- 1+2 Languages Award at the Scottish Education Awards in 2018
- ENTHUSE Award for Secondary STEM School of the Year as the Regional Winner for Scotland in 2018
- 2017 TES Award for UK STEM Team of the Year
- finalist in the Scottish Education Awards in 2016 for Headteacher of the Year
- inaugural STEM Award at the 2015 Scottish Education Awards
- School Sport Award in December 2014 and 2012 at the Scottish Sports Awards
- Sustainable Schools Award at the Scottish Education Awards in 2013
- Youth & Education Award at the 2013 RSPB Nature of Scotland Awards.
We're also an official School of Rugby, Football, Basketball and Dance (with the appropriate governing bodies). We have a specialist School of Languages, School of Media, STEM Academy and School of Rock & Pop.
We are determined to ensure that every young person receives the very best at LHS so we're constantly innovating and looking for new ideas to improve our young people's experience.
Please get in touch if we can provide any further information.
Jon Reid, Rector.
Make a Payment
Get Our App