Understanding Your Skills
- No matter which positive destination you choose when you leave school, people will be interested in what skills you have.
- Whenever you attend an interview for a job/ apprenticeship/ college or university place you’re likely to be asked about the skills you have.
- This means that understanding which skills you have will be very important for you as you get older.
Celebrating Your Skills
- As skills are so important to your future we want to do all we can to help you develop your skills.
- The Optimum Award is our way of celebrating and rewarding all the hard work you put in to developing new skills during S1 to S3.
- To achieve an Optimum Award we want you to keep a record of the activities you are involved in.
- By sharing the skills you develop you will be rewarded at the annual Larbert High Prize Giving.
How Does It Work?
- We want to know about the times when you develop new skills, that way we can reward your efforts.
- Each time you participate in an activity outside of school you can record it using the LHS App and it will be added to your own profile.
- At the end of each year every pupil profile will be reviewed before the LHS Prize Giving.
- If you have recorded enough activities you will be rewarded with a level of the Optimum Award.