The Leadership Academy is the new programme within Larbert High School providing S1-6 pupils with the opportunity to be involved in the life of the school and develop their leadership skills.
The purpose of the Leadership Academy is:
- To provide formal leadership opportunities for S1-6 pupils
- To develop senior pupils as leadership mentors for junior pupils
- To provide a formal opportunity for pupil voice
- To develop leadership skills essential for life in work, training or further education
The Leadership Academy consists of 17 Leadership Teams, each with a particular school focus such as sport or charities, for example. Each Leadership Team will be led by two Leadership Captains and will be supported by Leaders in S1-6. Leadership Captains and S6 Leaders will act as mentors to pupils in S1-5.
The purpose of the Leader role is:
- To lead and support specific projects within and outside the school
- To provide a voice for pupils in the school
- To develop leadership skills for work, training or further education
The Leadership Academy is your opportunity to make a difference to the school. It does, however, require time and commitment and a selection process consisting of an application form and selection activity will take place.