College Interview Preparation
Things to Think About
The interview for your college placement is nothing to worry about so long as you have thought about the kind of things you would like to speak about. The interview will be a conversation where you will have the chance to speak about yourself and why you think the college course is right for you. In order to prepare you should do the following:
- Read through the course content again. You should know what the course involves and be ready to speak about why you want a place on it.
- Think about the ‘why you’ question Make sure you are ready to speak about the skills and qualities you have developed in and out of school. You can talk about your responsibilities and hobbies. Have a look back at your personal statement - all of the information will be there.
- Be ready to talk about your future plans and how the college course will fit into that.
- Think about why you want to go to college and the experience you think you will gain by being there for a few afternoons a week instead of being at school.
If you would like any extra support, then please attend one of the following sessions in Miss McAtasney’s office.
- Thursday 11th May at 12pm
- Friday 12th May at 1pm
- Monday 15th May at 10am
- Monday 22nd May at 9am
If you are unable to attend any session because they all coincide with exams, then please email Miss McAtasney (email@example.com) to plan another time.
On the day of the interview:
- Make sure you arrive in plenty of time. If you are not sure where to go or how you will get there then please speak to your Pupil Support teacher or Miss McAtasney.
- Wear your school uniform.
- You might be feeling nervous, but try to smile and speak in a clear voice.