The Parent Council is made up as follows:
- Rosemary Allford – Chairperson
- Katie Thewlis - Vice Chair
- Stuart Rae – Treasurer
- Elizabeth Baba-Yemi - Member
- Garry Hale - Member
- Lynne Miller - Member
- Andy Auld - Teacher Rep
- Tom McMorrow - Co-Opted member
- Jon Reid – Rector and Adviser to Parent Council
- Debbie McLay – Clerk to Parent Council
As a parent with a child/children at Larbert High School, you are automatically a member of the school's Parent Forum, and as such are welcome to attend Parent Council meetings at any time.
Meetings take place in the conference room and commence at 7 p.m. If, however, you are unable to attend a meeting but would like a matter raised on your behalf, please contact the Clerk, Debbie McLay using the form below.
Dates of upcoming meetings are:
- Tuesday 25 September 2018
- Tuesday 13 Novermber 2018
- Tuesday 5 February 2019
- Tuesday 19 March 2018
- Tuesday 4 June 2019
The Minutes of Parent Council meetings will be available on the website so that you can keep up to date with what's being discussed and what issues we're looking at from month to month. Click on the link below to download the Minutes of our latest meeting. You can also learn about the Parent Council's work by downloading our Annual Bulletin.
- Upcoming Parent Council Dates [pdf 17KB]
- 20.09.16 - Agenda [pdf 11KB]
- 20.09.16 - Minutes [pdf 20KB]
- 22.11.16 - Agenda [pdf 11KB]
- 22.11.16 - Minutes [pdf 18KB]
- 07.02.17 - Agenda [pdf 11KB]
- 21.03.17 - Agenda [pdf 11KB]
- 30.05.17 - Agenda [pdf 11KB]
- 30.05.17 - Minutes [pdf 15KB]
- 19.09.17 - Agenda [pdf 11KB]
- 14.11.17 - Agenda [pdf 11KB]
- 21.11.17 - Minutes [pdf 18KB]
- 06.02.18 - Agenda [pdf 11KB]
- 20.03.18 - Agenda [pdf 11KB]
- 20.03.18 - Minutes [pdf 15KB]
- 05.06.18 Agenda [doc 33KB]
- 05.06.18 Minutes [pdf 24KB]
- 07.02.18 - Constitution [pdf 25KB]
- 20.03.18 - INSIGHT Update [pdf 936KB]
- 20.03.18 - Snow Clearing Information [pdf 742KB]
About the Parent Council
Parents are welcomed to be:
- involved with their child’s education and learning;
- be active participants in the life of the school; and
- express their views on school education generally and work in partnership with the school.
All parents / carers are automatically members of the Parent Forum at this school. As a member of the Parent Forum all parents can expect to –
- receive information about the school and its activities;
- hear about what partnership with parents means in our school;
- be invited to be involved in ways and times that suit you;
- identify issues you want the Parent Council to work on with the school;
- be asked your opinion by the Parent Council on issues relating to the school and the
education it provides;
- work in partnership with staff; and
- enjoy taking part in the life of the school in whatever way possible.
Parent Councils are the formal representative body for parents / carers with children attending school. Parent Councils are different in each school to enable them to meet the needs of parents / carers locally.
The Parent Forum decides how their representatives on the Parent Council are chosen and how the Parent Council operates. Parents / carers are encouraged to volunteer or put themselves forward to be chosen as representatives of the Parent Council if they wish.
The main aims of the Parent Council are:
- To support the school in its work with pupils
- To represent the views of parents
- To promote contact between the school, parents, pupils, providers of nursery education and
- To report to the Parent Forum
- To be involved in the appointment of senior promoted staff.
- To raise funds for the school for the benefit of pupils (in some schools the PTA/PA fulfils this
For more information on parental involvement or to find out about parents as partners in their children’s learning, please contact the school or visit the Parentzone website at www.parentzonescotland.gov.uk