National 5 Mathematics – The National 5 Mathematics Course enables learners to select and apply mathematical techniques in a variety of mathematical and real-life situations. Learners interpret, communicate and manage information in mathematical form. Further information can be found at the SQA National 5 Mathematics page.
National 4 Mathematics – The National 4 Mathematics Course enables learners to select and apply straightforward mathematical skills in a variety of mathematical and real-life situations. Learners interpret, communicate and manage information in mathematical form. Further information can be found at the SQA National 4 Mathematics page.
National 5 Revision Materials
- Credit Booklet [pdf 1MB]
- Credit Booklet - Solutions [pdf 299KB]
- Credit Past Papers 1 [pdf 6MB]
- Credit Past Papers 2 [pdf 2MB]
- Credit Practice Papers Pack 1 [pdf 1MB]
- Credit Practice Papers Pack 2 [pdf 3MB]
- Credit Q's by Topic [pdf 9MB]
- General Booklet [pdf 2MB]
- General Booklet - Solutions [pdf 234KB]
- General Practice Papers Pack 1 [pdf 1MB]
- General Practice Papers Pack 2 [pdf 2MB]
- Intermediate 2 Booklet [pdf 933KB]
- Trig graphs 3x1 [pdf 129KB]
- Mr Snedden N5 Practice for Tuesday 6th [pdf 150KB]
- N5 Algebraic Operation [docx 813KB]
- N5 Changing the subject [docx 150KB]
- N5 Probability and Statistics [docx 936KB]
- N5 Straight Line [docx 184KB]
- N5 Surds and Indices [docx 128KB]
- Practice Paper A [pdf 520KB]
- Practice Paper B [pdf 531KB]
- Practice Paper C [pdf 496KB]
- Practice Paper D [pdf 631KB]
- Practice Paper E [pdf 533KB]
- Practice Paper F [pdf 591KB]
National 4 Revision Materials
National 3 Revision Materials
The Higher Course in Mathematics develops learners’ mathematical rigour and the ability to use precise and concise mathematical language assumes a particular importance at this stage.
Candidates who complete a Higher Mathematics course successfully are expected to have a competence and a confidence in applying mathematical techniques, manipulating symbolic expressions and communicating with mathematical correctness in the solution of problems.
The course has obvious relevance for candidates with interests in fields such as commerce, engineering and science where the mathematics learned will be put to direct use.
For further inform please visit the SQA Higher Maths Page.
Higher Revision Materials
- Additional Question Bank 1 [pdf 5MB]
- Additional Question Bank 2 [pdf 5MB]
- Extra Revision [pdf 2MB]
- Higher Past Papers 1 [pdf 4MB]
- Higher Past Papers 2 [pdf 6MB]
- Higher Past Papers by topic [pdf 2MB]
- Higher Practice Papers [pdf 6MB]
- Higher Unit 1 Summary [pdf 101KB]
- Higher Unit 2 Summary [pdf 90KB]
- Higher Unit 3 Summary [pdf 93KB]
- Mr Snedden’s Class [pdf 2MB]
- H Unit Test Applications A [pdf 165KB]
- H Unit Test Applications B [pdf 165KB]
- H Unit Test Applications C [pdf 163KB]
- H Unit Test Exp & Form A [pdf 193KB]
- H Unit Test Exp & Form B [pdf 192KB]
- H Unit Test Exp & Form C [pdf 195KB]
- H Unit Test Rel & Calc A [pdf 152KB]
- H Unit Test Rel & Calc B [pdf 156KB]
- H Unit Test Rel & Calc C [pdf 159KB]
The Advanced Higher Course extends learners’ mathematical knowledge in algebra, geometry and calculus. It includes matrix algebra, complex numbers and vectors and formalises the concept of mathematical proof.
Advanced Higher Mathematics emphasises the need for candidates to undertake extended thinking and decision making, to solve problems and integrate mathematical knowledge. The course offers candidates, in an interesting and enjoyable manner, an enhanced awareness of the range and power of mathematics.
For more information please see the SQA Advanced Higher Maths page.
Advanced Higher Resources