Aims of the Department
In Physical Education we aspire to fulfil the following aims for all pupils:
- Develop their knowledge and understanding of human movement by engaging in a range of physical activities.
- Improve their physical performance.
- Develop social skills and promote acceptable standards of behaviour and positive attitudes to others. These life skills are also transferable to all other areas of the curriculum.
- Develop powers of analysis and the ability to solve problems.
- Develop attitudes and habits that will encourage participation and enjoyment in physical activity
- To prepare pupils for SQA courses and ensure that all pupils reach their potential.
- To promote courses which recognise the range of individual needs and different abilities at each stage of the pupils’ development.
All pupils are required to attend with appropriate kit at all times. If pupils are injured or unable to participate, a parental note is required as well as full kit to allow pupils to still be involved in the lesson.
If a pupil arrives without kit then the department will provide appropriate clothing for the pupil to wear for the lesson. The departmental kit is maintained to the highest standards and washed on a daily basis.
If pupils do not arrive with appropriate kit on two separate occasions within one activity block then a signed punishment exercise will be issued. If kit is forgotten on another occasion a departmental letter will be issued.